Other sources of Thunderbird information
From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- Thunderbird 3.1 FLOSS manual, most current, unofficial manual
- Managing Thunderbird mail accounts at gunnars.net (2.0 and earlier)
- MozillaZine Thunderbird support forum
- SUMO (Official Mozilla support/KB articles for Thunderbird)
- Thunderbird support newsgroup or via google, Thunderbird support newsgroup
- Thunderbird Portable support forum (USB flash drive based version of Thunderbird)
- Thunderbird category on Discourse
- Questions on SuperUser tagged Thunderbird (not a dedicated forum, but useful).
- r/Thunderbird on reddit (limited usefulness due to low traffic)
- Mozilla.cz fórum (Czech)
- MozBrowser nl-be (Dutch)
- GeckoZone (French)
- Thunderbird Mail DE (German)
- Mozilla.org.il חדשות (Hebrew)
- Mozilla Italia (Italian)
- MozillaZine (Japanese)
- Mozilla Россия (Russian)
- MozillaES (Spanish)
Add-on Guides and github based repositories
- Thundernest is the repository for the MailExtension Documentation, WebExtension Experiments, server side issues etc.
- Mozilla Developer Network
- Add-ons guide for version 57 - 60
- Add-ons guide for version 63
- Upgrading add-ons for 68
- Thunderbird cross-reference (search source code)
- Legacy API + WebExtensions API
- Mozilla Bugzilla (Thunderbird bug reports)
- Thundernest (Thunderbird.net bug reports)
- A list of Thunderbird communication channels
- BabelZilla (localization support forum for add-ons)
- Calendar weblog (Lightning)
- Known vulnerabilities in Mozilla products
- Rumbling Edge It is currently inactive but used to be the best way to track what got fixed.
- Mozilla Downloads is an archive of old projects such as the Grendel mail client and the Netscape Messaging Access SDK which use earlier versions of the mail/news code used by Thunderbird.
- Mozilla Error Lookup
- Mozilla Localization (L10n)
- Postbox knowledge base. Postbox has a different GUI and features but has enough in common (since its based on Thunderbird) that some of the articles might be useful.
- tb-enterprise is a mailing list for administrators of large enterprises.
- Thunderbird Enterprise information for administrators of large enterprises.
- The Differences between SeaMonkey and Firefox/Thunderbird
- Thunderbird page in Mozilla Wiki
- Thunderbird:Backend Hacking Guide For Newbies
- Wikipedia article on Thunderbird
Thunderbird is a volunteer project involving many moving parts, people and issues, so it does not have a fixed, dated release schedule. Releases occur at some point after Firefox releases, on a best effort basis. When you see it mentioned in release notes and in automatic update then you can be reasonably certain it is officially released - other sources of information generally cannot be trusted to be accurate.
- Releases (MozillaWiki page for for tracking in-progress releases)
- An explanation about versions and builds for testing...
- Thunderbird infrastructure.
- Pushlog for try server (current test)
- Viewing and searching Mozilla source code online
- Thunderbird project page
- Features being evaluated or worked on (seems obsolete, but provides a useful history)
- Mozilla releases
- Thunderbird status meetings
- Mail/News (used by both Thunderbird and SeaMonkey)
- Tb-planning is a moderated mailing list to "offer an easy, transparent venue for getting constructive, Thunderbird-related work done".
- Maildev is a moderated mailing list for Thunderbird Engineering Council plans
- TB59 support issues
- Near term focus (2019)
- Are most of the existing add-ons being sacrificed due to adding support for WebExtension?
- Meta - Add support for WebExtensions
- Deal with the fallout of bug 1413413 (see below)
- Remove support for extensions having their own prefs file
- Remove support for non-bootstrapped extensions
Most of these specifications were written for Thunderbird 3.x or earlier.
- Code review requirements . It also lists who is responsible for each sub-module.
- Encryption technologies
- HTML Sanitizer
- HTTP extensions for Account Management and Session Identification
- LDAP support
- Mail UE Specs
- Mail/News Engineering page
- Mail/News Related Standards
- Message Reader
- Message Threading
- Network Security Services (NSS)
- NSS shared database
- SSL error codes
- Pluggable mail stores
- Thunderbird 3 for developers
- Thunderbird 3.1 for developers
- Text to HTML conversion
- Using the Multiple Accounts API
- X-Mozilla-Status explained
https://developer.mozilla.org/Special:Tags?tag=Thunderbird lists all of the pages tagged with Thunderbird on the MDC web site