From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Revision as of 00:01, 15 December 2007 by Alice Wyman (Talk | contribs) (→Background: linked to Session Restore article)
Firefox 2 introduces a built-in Session Restore feature, allowing the user to continue browsing from where they left off if browser restarts. This preference used to control whether the last saved session is restored each time the browser starts.
It has been superseded by browser.startup.page in builds with bug 340898 fixed (Firefox 2 beta 2 and later, or nightly builds after July 19, 2006).
Possible values and their effects
Restore the previous session each time the browser starts.
Do not restore the previous session. (Default)
- browser.sessionstore.enabled must be true for this preference to have an effect.
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Mozilla Firefox (nightly builds since 2006-04-26, replaced with browser.startup.page=3 since late July 2006)
- Bug 328154 - Restore User's Session on App Launch
- Bug 328159 - Wire up the Session-data Service
- Bug 340898 - Remove the pref .sessionstore.resume_session in favor of .startup.page