From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
These instructions are based on information from the Abzilla project, an inactive Mozilla project. It's recommended only for advanced users since the instructions don't work on all systems and it requires modifying your configuration files.
This change makes name lookups very slow. Its recommended you investigate sharing address books instead if you need to keep using Outlook/Outlook Express contacts.
Supposedly you can't connect to the Outlook address book if the .pst file has a password.
- Backup your profile.
- Backup the Outlook Express/Outlook contacts.
- If you're using Thunderbird read Modify Thunderbird settings and About:config. You need to know how to add settings using the Config editor.
- If you're using Mozilla Suite read Editing configuration and About:config . You need to know how to add settings using about:config
- Open either the Config editor (Thunderbird) or about:config (Mozilla Suite)
To use the Outlook Express address book:
Access to the Outlook Express address book was removed in Thunderbird version 87.
- Add the string "ldap_2.servers.OE.description" , setting it to "Outlook Express"
- Add the number ldap_2.servers.OE.dirType , setting it to 3.
- Add the string "ldap_2.servers.OE.uri" , setting it to "moz-aboutlookdirectory://oe/"
- Type ldap_2.servers.OE in the filter and check that the settings were added correctly.
To use Outlook Contacts:
Configure Outlook as the default email client.
- Add the string preference ldap_2.servers.Outlook.description, setting it to "Outlook"
- Add the integer preference ldap_2.servers.Outlook.dirType, settiung it to 3.
- Add the string preference ldap_2.servers.Outlook.uri, setting it to "moz-aboutlookdirectory://op/". Thunderbird version 87 and later: "moz-aboutlookdirectory:///".
- Type ldap_2.servers.Outlook in the filter and check that the settings were added correctly.