Disable splash screen
From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- This article applies to Mozilla Suite.
You don't want the splash screen? Here's how you can disable it:
- Right click the icon you use to launch Mozilla, click on Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, add "-nosplash" to the end of whatever is in the Target field (e.g. "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -nosplash).
Next time you use that shortcut to launch Mozilla, there will be no splash screen.
Bug: If you have Mail & Newsgroups set up to open on startup in your preferences using this command will stop this from happening .
- If you don't like the splash screen and want to change it, see New splash screen for instructions, and a list of sites where you can get new splash screens.
- You can also make it so that a random splash screen is selected on startup.