In Firefox 3, the Location Bar received a number of improvements. Among those improvements was the move to a XUL richlistbox widget for the Location Bar dropdown. This allowed styled URL/title information, favicons, and highlighted match information. This preference determined whether to use the enhanced dropdown or the original. If you’d like to disable the improved Location Bar dropdown in a version of Firefox without this preference, try the oldbar extension.
Possible values and their effects
Display the dropdown of the Location Bar as a richlistbox widget. (Default)
Use the standard dropdown widget for the Location Bar.
- This preference is read when a browser window first opens, so the effects of changing its value won’t be seen until a new window opens or until the browser restarts.
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Mozilla Firefox (nightly builds from 2007-11-29 to 2007-12-17)
- Bug 399281 - Transition location bar auto-complete results to a richlistbox widget
- Bug 399664 - In location bar auto-complete, indicate which part of the result matches the query
- Bug 403159 - Switch location bar auto-complete to a two-line view
- Bug 407836 - remove support for browser.urlbar.richResults