From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
In Firefox 3, the Location Bar received a number of improvements. Among those improvements was the move to a XUL richlistbox widget for the auto-complete dropdown. This allowed styled URL/title information, favicons, and highlighted match information. This preference determines how many entries should appear (at most) in the dropdown.
Possible values and their effects
A non-negative integer corresponding to the maximum number of entries that can appear in the Location Bar auto-complete dropdown. Default is 12.
- This preference is read when a browser window first opens, so the effects of changing its value won’t be seen until a new window opens or until the browser restarts.
- Setting the preference to 0 effectively disables the Location Bar dropdown entirely.
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Mozilla Firefox (nightly builds after 2007-11-29)
- Bug 399281 - Transition location bar auto-complete results to a richlistbox widget
- Bug 399664 - In location bar auto-complete, indicate which part of the result matches the query
- Bug 403159 - Switch location bar auto-complete to a two-line view
- Bug 406257 - reduce the number of rows in url bar autocomplete from 10 to 6