Each time the web browser starts, this preference is consulted to determine what to display. It has superseded browser.sessionstore.resume_session as the preference determining whether saved sessions are restored.
Possible values and their effects
Start with a blank page (about:blank).
Start with the web page(s) defined as the home page(s). (Default)
Load the last visited page.
Resume the previous browser session
- Firefox: Implemented after Firefox 2 beta 1
- SeaMonkey: Implemented 2.0a3
“Show my home page,” Show a blank page,” and “Show my windows and tabs from last time” under “Tools → Options → Main → Startup → When Firefox starts” toggle between 1, 0, and 3, respectively.
“Show my home page,” Show a blank page,” and “Show my windows and tabs from last time” under “Tools → Options → General → Startup → When Firefox starts” toggle between 1, 0, and 3, respectively.
“Edit → Preferences → Browser → Display on: Browser Startup.
For a short time (about ten days), the value of 3 caused the browser to start with the URL defined in browser.startup.splash.
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Mozilla Suite (all versions since milestone 8)
- Mozilla Firefox (all versions)
- SeaMonkey (all versions)
- Bug 7417 - [PP]Linux: Flakey startup, menus disappear, resize not working
- Bug 340898 - Remove the pref .sessionstore.resume_session in favor of .startup.page