From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
HTTP is the application-layer protocol that most web pages are transferred with. This preference controls which version of HTTP to use if a proxy server is configured.
Possible values and their effects
Use HTTP 1.0.
Use HTTP 1.1. (Default)
- This preference only has an effect if you are using a proxy. If you are not using a proxy, see network.http.version.
This preference should usually be left at the default of 1.1. Some proxy servers require that 1.0 be used.
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Netscape (all versions since 6.1)
- Mozilla Suite (all versions since 0.9)
- Mozilla Phoenix (all versions)
- Mozilla Firebird (all versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (all versions)
- SeaMonkey (all versions)
- Camino (all versions)
- Minimo (all versions)