From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 22:55, 22 October 2005
Alerts by email are not sent
Issue: Email alerts are not sent.
- Sunbird 0.2.
- Calendar Extension 0.8.3 extending Firefox.
- Sunbird 0.2 is built on an application base similar to Firefox: it includes http and ftp but does not include email services.
- The Calendar extension 0.8.3 extends the base application to which it is added (Firefox, Thunderbird, or Mozilla Suite): email services are available on Thunderbird or Mozilla Suite, but not on Firefox.
See Calendar vs. Sunbird and Bug 237148.
Workarounds: Use Calendar Extension to extend Thunderbird or to extend Mozilla Suite.
Some iCalendar (*.ics) files are not readable by Apple iCal
Issue: Apple iCal will not read in some iCalendar (filename.ics) files published by Sunbird or Calendar Extension.
- Sunbird 0.2.
- Calendar Extension 0.8.3 extending any base application.
Background: The problem is known to happen when there are long descriptions, which are wrapped to 75 characters in the iCalendar (filename.ics) file using LF instead of CRLF line ends. See Bug 283881.
Workarounds: Instead, use one of the workarounds below:
Workaround 1: Use only empty or short descriptions, less than 75 characters, so no descriptions are wrapped.
Workaround 2: Use Export, which post-processes line ends to work around the problem:
- Deselect other calendars in the "Calendars" tab.
- View "All Events" in the event list filter (drop down field), and clear the "contains" search field if necessary.
- Select all events: Click in event list to focus on it. Type control-a (or click "Edit -> Select All"). Background behind selected events will be highlighted.
- Click "File -> Export Selected Events...".
- Choose a local filename.
- Format: Use "Save as type" of "Calendar Files", not "vCalendar Files".
- Click "Save".
- Publish the file to your server using other means, such as manual ftp.