- Up to Development
Articles in this category demonstrate the code to do certain things in Mozilla-based products (at this moment, mostly for use in extensions).
- Creating toolbar buttons
- Adding items to menus using overlays (talks about browser's context menu too)
- Creating dialog windows with XUL
Commonly used techniques
- Using preferences. For the basics, see also the article on XulPlanet.
- Performing file IO
- Using observers for cross-window notifications
- Running applications
- Using file choosers (Open, Save, Select Directory dialogs)
nsIPromptService(priviledged version of alert(), confirm(), prompt() plus their extended versions): some examples, forum thread.
- Using progress listeners
- Executing your code each time a page loads
- Enumerating tabbrowser tabs
- Reusing tabs for the same URL
XML Technologies in Mozilla
- How to Create a DOM tree
- Using XMLHttpRequest
- Parsing and serializing XML
- Using XPath
- XSL Transforms
- Opening a new browser window
- Inserting text at cursor
- Creating a XUL mailto: link
- Adding files to an extension's uninstallation
The alphabetical list of all articles and subcategories in this category follows.
Pages in category "Example code"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.