From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Instead of using the internal viewer for View Source, an external program can be used. This preference defines the path to the external program.
Possible values and their effects
A path to any executable program.
- view_source.editor.external must be set to true for this preference to take effect.
- If the path doesn't exist or is not executable, the internal viewer will be used.
- External editors may not be able to handle the character sets of some pages.
- Using the external editor file:// URLs will open them from their current location and will be changed when saved. All other URLs will be opened from a temporary location and will not be changed when saved.
First checked in
2005-11-21 by Gavin Sharp.
Has an effect in
- Firefox (1.6a1 and above)