The key used to focus/activate various elements in Mozilla is determined by this preference. Until very recently, this preference affected both chrome and content-area elements.
Possible values and their effects
Disable the access key.
Use the "Ctrl" key as the access key. (Default in Mac OS X)
Use the "Alt" key as the access key. (Default in Windows)
All possible values are defined in
nsIDOMKeyEvent.idl, though they are listed there in hex (base 16) — you will need to convert the values to decimal (base 10).
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Mozilla Suite (all versions since 1.1)
- Mozilla Firefox (all versions)
- SeaMonkey (all versions)
- Bug 128452 - in-page accesskeys conflict w/UI accelerators when accelkey is ALT
- Bug 136696 - Active Accessibility: Support get_accKeyboardShortcut
- Bug 179816 - support shift- as html accesskey
- Bug 340902 - Split ui.key.generalAccessKey into prefs for content and chrome