Network.proxy.share proxy settings
From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
This preference controls whether the HTTP proxy defined should be used as the proxy for SSL, FTP, SOCKS, and Gopher protocols..
Possible values and their effects
When saving the proxy settings, save the HTTP proxy as the proxy for the other protocols.
When saving the proxy settings, save the proxy protocol settings separately. (Default)
- This preference does not exist by default, except in Firefox.
- This preference only affects the behaviour of the preference UI, setting it manually has no effect.
Firefox 1.5 and below
Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection Settings... -> Use this proxy server for all protocols
Firefox 2.0 and above
Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Connection -> Settings -> Use this proxy server for all protocols
First checked in
Firefox: 2004-11-30 by Ben Goodger SeaMonkey: 2006-05-16 by Stefan Borggraefe
Has an effect in
- Netscape (all versions since 8.0)
- Firefox (all versions since 1.0)
- SeaMonkey (all versions since 1.1a)