From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
This preference specifies the port to use for the proxy server for the given protocol. Possible protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Gopher, SOCKS.
Possible values and their effects
The port on the proxy server to use for the given protocol. (Default: 0, or no proxy)
- Setting this preference to 0 will cause the application to not use a proxy for the given protocol, even if network.proxy.(protocol) is defined.
- network.proxy.share_proxy_settings manually does not directly affect this preference, it only affects it when the UI is opened.
Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection Settings... -> (Protocol) Port
First checked in
Exact check-in date unknown. Present since at least 2000-02-14.
Has an effect in
- Netscape (all versions since at least 6.0)
- Mozilla Suite (all versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (all versions)
- SeaMonkey (all versions)
- Camino (all versions)
- Minimo (all versions)