From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
This preference specifies the proxy server to use for the given protocol. Possible protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Gopher, SOCKS.
Possible values and their effects
The proxy server to use for the given protocol. (Default: "", or no proxy)
- network.proxy.type must be set to 1 for this preference to take effect.
- network.proxy.share_proxy_settings manually does not directly affect this preference, it only affects it when the UI is opened.
Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection Settings... -> (Protocol) Proxy
First checked in
Exact check-in date unknown. Present since at least 2000-02-14.
Has an effect in
- Netscape (all versions since at least 6.0)
- Mozilla Suite (all versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (all versions)
- SeaMonkey (all versions)
- Camino (all versions)
- Minimo (all versions)