Dev : Project ideas
This page is part of the extension development documentation project.
Ask your questions in MozillaZine Forums. Also try browsing example code.
Note: development documentation is in process of being moved to Mozilla Development Center (MDC).
This is a page for developers who are looking for ideas to start hacking on. Users, please discuss it on the forums (in Features or Extensions sections) before adding your wishes here (to make sure requested extension doesn't exist yet). Nevertheless, developers should first search for an extension before implementing it.
If you're taking a project, please add a notice to the entry. Use signatures (four ~s), add contact information if possible.
When adding a new idea, be sure to explain it, preferably add a link to discussion or a detailed description. Non-detailed requests are less likely to be implemented. Add links to relevant b.m.o bugs. Use separate pages [Dev : Project ideas : ...] for really long ideas to make the list here easier to look through. Add new ideas to the bottom of the lists. Don't forget to mention the application you want to enhance (if applicable) - Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird.
I thought that it is a good idea to sort the requests by their difficulty, if you don't know how difficult to implement your request is, put it under "Unknown difficulty" list.
The extensions ideas
- Run a program when browser exits  Asqueella 08:40, 26 Sep 2004 (PDT) (per request on forum)
- Ignore the Digital Certificate domain name mismatch and expiration warning messages when using SSL
- A "translate this frame" option in the list that appears when you right-click a frame. - Malkin 00:09, 11 September 2005 (PDT)
- An Accessibility Extension to easily change the browser text size --Mouserunner 12:04, 3 October 2005 (PDT) (request on forum)
- extend searchplugin-functionality to support "post" as method --Raik 15:01, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
- Proxomitron-like extension for Mozilla/Firefox. (Proxomitron is a software proxy that processes HTML source before it is rendered in the browser). Some ideas on developing it (including a pieces model) are in this rue's post. See also: http://iestreamconv.mozdev.org/ Asqueella 08:40, 26 Sep 2004 (PDT) (per multiple requests on forums)
- Make a snapshot of webpage (Save as image)  (bug 112702). See also http://uzilla.mozdev.org/screencapture.html Asqueella 10:45, 26 Sep 2004 (PDT) (per multiple requests on forums) Rendering Web Page To Images does this help? --Raik 14:55, 29 September 2006 (UTC)