Deleting autocomplete entries
To delete individual entries from the Firefox Location Bar, Search Bar, and other form field drop-down lists:
- Click on the text field
- Press the Down key to activate autocomplete
- Highlight the entry you want deleted by using the arrow keys or hovering over it with your mouse
- Press the Delete key (On Mac use "Shift + Delete" or, if using an extended keyboard, "Shift+Backspace").
The Up and Down arrow keys, and "Page Up" and "Page Down" all work to activate autocomplete or to move in an Up or Down direction within Autocomplete both selecting (highlighting) and copying the line into the Location Bar.
Note: In SeaMonkey, you can delete individual entries from the Search Bar and from other form field drop-down lists using the above steps, but not from the Location Bar (bug 87098).
You can delete your entire autocomplete lists from the Firefox "History (or Tools) -> Clear Recent History" menu ("Tools -> Clear Private Data" in SeaMonkey)
- Checking "Browsing & Download History" ("Browsing History" in SeaMonkey) will clear the Location Bar autocomplete as well as your history.
- Checking "Form & Search History" ( "Saved Form and Search History" in SeaMonkey) or will clear web pages' autocomplete and the Search Bar's autocomplete
You can delete login-names and passwords in the Password Manager list of saved (remembered) passwords. Select the items that you want to delete and click the "Remove" button (or press the Delete key). See the Password Manager article for details.
- Changing autocomplete behavior - Firefox
- Viewing the browsing history - Firefox#Selecting history items