From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
In Firefox 3, the Location Bar received a number of improvements. Among those improvements was the move to a XUL richlistbox widget for the auto-complete dropdown.
For performance reasons, items that appear in the dropdown are retrieved in batches (“chunks”) on a timer. This preference determines the time between fetching batches.
Possible values and their effects
Number of milliseconds to wait between fetching batches of dropdown items. Default is 100 (1/10th of a second)
First checked in
Has an effect in
- Firefox (nightly builds since 2008-01-29)
- SeaMonkey 2
- Bug 414489 - Change default search chunk size and timeout and let users adjust them
- Bug 415489 - URL bar autocomplete slow since bug 414507
- Bug 422177 - Awesome bar interrupts typing, so continue from where it left off
- Bug 424388 - Autocomplete results keep disappearing and reappearing when typing more letters