From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
To get Firefox or the Mozilla Suite to establish a dial-up connection automatically on Windows:
- From the Windows Start menu, open the Control Panel (it may be listed under Settings).
- Double-click "Internet Options".
- Select the "Connections" tab.
- Set the dial option to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present".
- Select one of the dialup connections and press the "Set Default" button.
Additional steps for Windows 2000/XP
- Open the Control Panel
- Double-click "Administrative Tools".
- Double-click "Services". If you are using the "Category" view in the Windows XP Control Panel, instead click "Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools", and then double-click "Services".
- Right-click each of these services and choose "Properties". On the "General" tab look for the box "Start Up Type" then choose "Automatic".
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
Mozilla Suite/Firefox cannot auto-disconnect but, on Windows, you can use rasdial from a command line to dial and hang up . This program is part of the operating system. This MozillaZine forum topic describes how to use rasdial (or a third-party replacement) in a batch file to hang up after Firefox is closed.